These days after Christmas have been full of blessing and a quiet happiness. I don’t know how much is attributable to the joy of being settled in our new condo, and how much is due to my depression really being gone, but I know that all is from the hand of God. I’ll start, for the first time here, counting my one thousand gifts. This is inspired by Ann Voskamp.
1. making my mother-in-law’s Christmas cookies, seeing Ricardo and Sarah enjoy them
2. finding that all the important family ornaments fit on the new little Christmas tree
3. having family dinners three nights in a row with Sarah and Sean
4. being able to relax completely today
5. having this new journal spark so many old memories, precious ones of past Christmases
6. forging an even closer connection with my sis-in-law through e-mail
7. seeing that Ricardo is back to being able to get into bed successfully
8. knowing that I have Ricardo’s support in all I do
For these and so many other graces, I thank you, Lord.